Two Worlds Collide

I am being BEGGED to work as a teacher at the school where I instruct color guard. However, all this begging is coming from the band director. At this point, I haven't heard anything from the principal or the human resources director, who have ultimate say in whether or not I'm hired. I've filled out all my applications and paperwork (before I was gone from my previous job), but have heard nothing.

Of course, in the meantime, I have this new job....but it's really not much fun or very interesting. There are some really nice people working here. I enjoy talking to them. However, I would like to do some actual work. Unfortunately, my computer does not have all the programs I need to do my work. I have put in requests (through IT and through my supervisor) to get these programs installed, but so far nothing is happening. They can install these programs remotely, but I haven't heard anything yet, and it's been over a week! At least send an email that the request has been received and is being addressed or something! Geez! I may have to rethink this career move if this is the ongoing level of frustration. I mean, at my last job I had everything I needed within 2 weeks. It's been at this place, and I just don't know what to think if this is the initial introduction to the work environment.

All that said, I do enjoy having a paycheck again! It's nice to know how much I'll be getting paid and when I'll be getting it. We went out to celebrate the end of the semester and my first paycheck and BANG got rear-ended driving down the road. Not even close to my fault this time! I was in the right-hand lane and a car just smacked up on us from behind. Luckily, there was little damage-- need to get my rear bumper replaced-- and what damage there is will be paid in full by the other party's insurance as he admitted to being at fault 100%.

Right now my car is in the shop *AGAIN*, and I have a rental that the other insurance company is paying for as well. I hope to get my car back by the weekend. We'll see about that.

NIN is giving away it's new album for free on the internet. I downloaded it last night but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. soon I hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News and stuff

Talk

Been a long time since...