Finally!

On Tuesday I finally got all the programs installed on my computer that I need to do my job effectively! YAY! Now I just need something to do!

Last week there were all these files to work on, but they were all due by Monday or Tuesday. By the time I got my programs installed Tuesday afternoon, most of the work had been done. Since then, there hasn't been much of anything, just a few 1-page files to work with.

Most of this week has been me working on a new project called Austin Independent Winter Guard, an all-age guard "family" I'm trying to put together in the Austin area. I've received some response so far, and I'm hoping to receive more. There's a meeting this weekend for our local guard circuit, and hopefully I'll drum up some interest there.

I've even made up some business cards to hand out. I just need to get some business card paper and print them out. I'll do that today and take them to the meeting. :-D I hope this gets off the ground.

I have a meeting on Wednesday to discuss the possibility of bringing the group out as a Venture Scout Crew, which would help with getting funding/donations, insurance, and hopefully a practice facility in the area. I've also been approached by a local drum corps who has insurance and a 501(c)3 non-profit status, and I'm looking into working with the Boys and Girls' Club in Austin, but I haven't heard back from them yet. I may have to call them about this.

So, we'll see what happens.

Still haven't heard from the principal or HR person at the school where I currently teach guard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News and stuff

Been a long time since...

Talk