Busy, Busy, Busy

Let's see what I've done this past month

Texas Independent Winterguard
A non-profit youth organization based in Denton, TX (3 hours away from where I live). I've been asked to be the assistant director for this group. The job pretty much entails running business/administrative aspects--such as public relations, budgeting, scheduling, etc.--for the group. So far I've created a budget, a calendar, flyers, press releases, and been in almost constant communication with the Frontier Performing Arts Association board of directors who oversee the operations of TXI and a number of other groups in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

Frontier Drum and Bugle Corps
I can't get into too much detail about this, but I've been talking with the current and former directors of this group, as well as with the current program coordinator. Looks like some interesting developments will be taking place in the upcoming year. I'll probably give more information next week...if I remember.

Elgin High School Marching Band

I was brought in to teach some work and help the guard out. Now they want me to take over the winterguard program and to come back next year and possibly take over, as the current guard director wants to get pregnant. I'm not sure if I really WILL be taking over, if she doesn't get pregnant, but in any case, I'm going to be taking on more of a role in the development of the visual package (and in particular of the colorguard).

So far I've already picked a potential winter guard show, uniforms and have started trying to create the show in my head. We'll see if it works, if anyone wants to join, etc. My goal is 12-18 in the winterguard (last year they had 8), and hopefully a bunch of them will carry over into marching band season next year.

Work
I've been reassigned to 2 different projects in the past month. This month alone I've been asked to work on 2 literacy projects (I was hired to work on math). But, since everything it kind of up in the air right now I spend a lot of my time "researching" (i.e. playing) on the internet. Every few days I'm thrown a manuscript and asked to look it over and make any comments regarding the contents that I think are appropriate. So far I haven't been asked to really make any major changes to the manuscripts, but the little I have done has been looked at positively and will probably only help.

That's pretty much all I want to talk about right now. Except that No One ever leaves me comments! How sad :(

At least my counter shows that a few people have visited the site. that's always fun to see :-)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

News and stuff

Been a long time since...

Talk